Merchant Data Security
Main components of the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Program are as follows, which are basic ideals towards any merchant who processes credit cards in keeping cardholder data secure.
- Build and Maintain a Secure Network
- Protect Cardholder Data
- Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program (i.e. using up-to-date antivirus software)
- Implement Strong Access Control Measures (i.e. restrict data access on a need-to-know basis)
- Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Maintain an Information Security Policy
Remember, data security is a fundamentally continuous process which is crucial to maintain for your business and your customers’ safety.